New In The Jewish Regency Mystery Series
THE MOON TAKER
"Fabulous" - Amazon.com
There’s trouble afoot in Regency London’s Jewish community, and no one to stop the crimes — until wealthy-widower-turned-sleuth Mr. Ezra Melamed teams up with an unlikely pair: General Well’ngone and the Earl of Gravel Lane, the leaders of a gang of young Jewish pickpockets.
In this second volume of the Jewish Regency Mystery Series, General Well’ngone and the Earl of Gravel Lane set out to discover who murdered Mr. Hamburg, a colleague of theirs in the secondhand linen trade. But before they can unmask the killer, they must unravel the secret of a mysterious snuff box, a quest that takes them from their East End slum to an elegant country house where a group of distinguished astronomers are meeting - one of whom has a secret as dark as the night sky. Buy it at Amazon or download the ebook for FREE with Kindle Unlimited.
SEPTEMBER/TISHREI'S FEATURED BOOKS
CHOOSE LIFE!: 8 Chassidic Stories for the Jewish New Year
In this short volume of eight classic Jewish tales retold by Libi Astaire, the spiritual journey of the Days of Awe is explored through the lens of Chassidus - the mystical religious movement founded by Rabbi Israel, the Baal Shem Tov. Along the way we’ll meet great chassidic leaders such as Rebbe Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev, Rebbe Zusha of Hanipoli, and the Baal Shem Tov himself, who were all masters at showing the way to a New Year filled with good health, prosperity, happiness and, of course, life.
Buy it at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, iTunes and other online booksellers.
CHOOSE JOY! 15 Chassidic Tales for Sukkos
On Sukkos, we are commanded to be joyful. In fact, Sukkos is the time when we replenish our storehouse of joy for the entire year. But how can we be joyous when there is so much sadness and disappointment? In these 15 stories culled from the Chassidic tradition, masters of joyous living such as Rebbe Zusha of Hanipoli and Rebbe Levi Yitzchak of Berditchev show us the way.
Buy it Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, iTunes and other online booksellers.
Where Did the Earl of Gravel Lane Get His Name?
Join me over at Elise Abram's Britbear's Book Reviews for a fun interview about my Jewish Regency Mystery Series.
Or Get Inspired for the Entire Year with CHOOSE LIGHT!
Find Libi's Books At:
- The Jewish Regency/Ezra Melamed Mystery Series
Other Books By Libi Astaire
- The Banished Heart: A Novel >
- Terra Incognita: A Novel >
- Day Trips to Jewish History >
- Choose Life! 8 Chassidic Stories for the Jewish New Year >
- Choose Joy! 15 Chassidic Tales for Sukkos
- Pass Over to Freedom: 15 Jewish Tales for Passover
- The World Is Built With Kindness: 15 Chassidic Tales for Shavuos
- 36 Candles: Chassidic Tales for Chanukah >
- CHOOSE LIGHT! Chassidic Tales for the Jewish Year
- Is Self-Publishing For You?
Libi Astaire @ The Jewish Press
- The Ten Martyrs, Part I >
- Bonjour, Goodbye: French Jewry, Part I >
- Special Purims Around the World
- Who Knows 1420? Jewish Medieval Vienna
- Beyond the Pale: Jewish Ukraine, Part I >
- A Tale of Two Cities: Jewish Antwerp and Brussels
- Saying Mazel Tov for 400 Years: Amsterdam's Dotar
- Who Killed William of Norwich?
- Ramblings in Jewish History: A blog
- Reviews & Press
- About Libi Astaire